|On review of the results above, you can see that the interractions increase the longer the video, until about 15 minutes when it becomes quite stable. This makes sense as Facebook Live videos are generally longer and include some form of value by way of Q&A or show and tell.
So when producing your own Facebook Live segment, make sure it sits around 15 minutes and provide as much value as possible to generate solid engagement from your followers.
Another interesting fact to take away from this report was that the videos with shorter introduction captions (around 84 characters) performed better.
5 Takeaways from this report
If your business already creates video content, here are 5 takeaways from the latest Buzzsumo report:
- Keep your videos short (between 60-90 seconds), but not too short (under 30 seconds).
- Keep the introductory text to your video short so it incentivises the viewer to dive deeper into watching your video.
- Consider going live. Add value and talk and engage with your viewers for at least 15 minutes.
- Hacks, tips and how-to’s are generally the videos that are most watched and welcomed.
- Create shareable content. Content that is valuable or provides entertainment will bring your video greater success!
If you aren’t already creating videos in your marketing efforts you are seriously being left behind. Do your business a favour and begin creating video content now!
Ok guys/gals, now you have deserved your Friday afternoon beer/wine. Enjoy it! Let’s chat next week.
Have a great weekend.
Founder | Athletic Agencies